Here I am, just a mere 48 hours away from the release of Iron Flame by Rebecca Yarros, and I can’t think of a better way to feed my excitement than with a celebratory cocktail inspired by Fourth Wing, the first of five books in the Empyrean series.
I originally wanted to name this cocktail “Violence,” after Violet’s nickname given by Xaden, but thought better of it when I realized I would probably be flagged for violating Instagram’s Community Guidelines.
You can read my review of Fourth Wing here – this was the moment I realized I might actually like fantasy!
So, I give you The Revolution.
You can see even more of my favorite reads of 2023 right here!
You’ll need a few tools to get started:
- 3oz silver tequila
- 1/2 oz agave
- 1/2 triple sec
- juice from half a lime
- 1/2 tsp edible gold glitter
- black sanding sugar
- carbonated water – I prefer Topo Chico
Want to make it non-alcoholic?
Try substituting the above liquid ingredients for this organic lemonade. It is my new favorite juice! It’s Kirkland brand and sold at Costco. But, lucky you! It’s also available on Amazon – no membership required!
1. Rim a glass with lime juice and sanding sugar and set aside
3. Shake for 10-15 seconds and strain into the cocktail glass
4. Top with a splash of carbonated water
5. Serve with a stirring stick to emphasize the glitter – I like these reusable gold straws
Let me know what you think in the comments below or find me on Instagram!